- 21 – 55% of Asian feamales within the U.S. report experiencing intimate physical and/or sexual violence in their life time, predicated on a compilation of disagregated types of Asian ethnicities in neighborhood communities. Information & Stats Report (2015)
- 18% of Asian or Pacific Islander ladies reported rape that is experiencing assault, and/or stalking by the intimate partner in their life time in a nationwide study, when compared with 48% of United states Indians or Alaska Native women, 45% of Ebony females, 34% of Hispanic ladies, and 37percent of White women. CDC: 2010-2012 nationwide Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (2017)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Leung C & Cheung C. 2008. A prevalence research on partner punishment in six American that is asian ethnic in america. Global Personal Perform. 51(5): 635 – 649.
Domestic Violence-Related Homicide
- In a six-year duration, 160 instances in Asian families led to 226 fatalities, of which 72% had been adult homicide victims, 10% had been child homicide victims, and 18% had been committing committing committing suicide fatalities.
- 68% of victims had been partners that are intimatecurrent, estranged, or ex-partners), of which 111 had been ladies and 14 had been guys.
- 83% of homicide perpetrators had been males, 14% had been ladies, 3% unknown.
- Kiddies had been the second group that is largest of victims, and also the moms and dads of wives and girlfriends had been the next biggest team. Shattered Life (2010)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Yoshioka MR, DiNoia J, & Ullah K. 2001. Attitudes toward marital physical violence: an assessment of four communities that are asian. Violence Against Women. 7(8): 900 – 926.
- Of API ladies, 23% experienced some form of contact violence that is sexual 10% skilled finished or tried rape, and 21% had non-contact unwelcome intimate experiences in their life time. CDC: 2010-2012 NISVS Overview Report (2017)
- 56% of Filipinas and 64% of Indian and Pakistani women had skilled violence that is sexual a romantic in research of 143 domestic physical physical physical violence survivors. Intimate Partner Violence and Help-Seeking (2011)
- 8% of API females experienced stalking within their life time CDC: 2010-2012 NISVS Summary Report (2017)
- 68% of Filipinas and 50% of Indian and Pakistani abused ladies reported being stalked by the Partner Violence and Help-Seeking (2011)
Children’s Experience Of Family Violence
- 70% of Cambodians, 61% of Chinese, 80% of Koreans, 79% of Southern Asians, and 72% of Vietnamese people reported being hit frequently as kiddies. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
- 28% of Cambodians, 18% of Chinese, 30% of Koreans, 8% of Southern Asians, and 27% of Vietnamese witnessed their dads regularly hit their moms. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
- In analysis 160 homicide that is asian, 22 kids had been killed. Associated with the 63 non-fatal youngster victims for who information ended up being available, 60 had been either on location whenever homicides happened, survived an attempted homicide, had been attention or ear witnesses to a maternal homicide, or discovered the systems. Shattered Life (2010)
- Associated with 3,116 trafficking survivors with specified ethnicities whom reached away to Polaris operated hotlines in 2016, 23% (715) were Asian. Polaris Venture: 2016 Statistics
Attitudes towards Violence
- Of 607 Asian respondents, the very best explanations for why household physical physical physical violence occurs were that the spouse desires energy, domination, and control (72 reacted because of this) and that he’s frustrated/has anger (67 reacted because of this). Overall, family members physical physical violence is overwhelmingly regarded because the problem that is personal of husband.
- 22% of Cambodians, 18% of Chinese, 29% of Korean, 5% of South Asian, and 9% of Vietnamese women and men stated that a girl that is being mistreated must perhaps maybe not tell anybody in regards to the abuse. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Yoshioka MR, DiNoia J, & Ullah K. 2001. Attitudes toward marital physical physical violence: an assessment of four communities that are asian. Violence Against Ladies. 7(8): 900 – 926.
Resources on Violence against API Ladies
Domestic and intimate Violence in Filipino Communities, 2018
A compilation of data on domestic violence, intimate violence, stalking, and help-seeking in Filipino communities.
Statistics on Gender-Based Violence in Asian and Pacific Islander Communities, 2017
This factsheet compiles data on domestic physical violence, intimate physical physical physical violence, domestic physical https://brightbrides.net/australian-brides/ physical violence related homicide, stalking, children’s contact with family members physical violence, and human being trafficking in Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
Ethnic-Specific Factsheets on Domestic Violence
Ethnic-specific compilations of data on domestic physical physical violence, intimate physical physical violence, stalking, and help-seeking in Asian communities in the U.S.
AAPI Data, an accumulation of infographics and factsheets on AAPIs