The goal of the Fair Odds Recording methods at Winning Edge Investments is for every member to beat the price recorded in official results, or at least match them.
Below is a summary of the top 20 ways to get the best possible chances, and greatly exceed official outcomes:
1) Use Dynamic Odds (or other odds comparison sites )
Among the more important factors – if not the major factor – in gambling profitably is striving to get the absolute best price possible.
After all the work is done and you are onto a good thing, there is no bigger’own goal’ than taking an inferior price. It takes the identical amount of time and effort to set the bet, nevertheless you get paid (sometimes substantially) less.
When you are following any of our services, it’s crucial that you aim to find the lowest prices possible. There’s no point going into the one bookie and only carrying their cost if others are paying better.
Take yourself back to the old-school betting ring in the track…you would not do it there! You would always hunt for the best cost and zero on this bookie.
Thankfully, odds comparison websites permit you to replicate that if betting online. Instead of having to make your way across all the different bookies’ websites or apps, odds comparison websites allow you to just select your race or sporting event and see multiple bookies’ prices side-by-side.
There is a couple of odds comparison choices out there. In our view, the best one available is Dynamic Odds. Click the hyperlink and we have organised an exclusive 4-week free trial for you. It’s an easy-to-use and easily comprehensible product. You can choose that bookies to display on screen, there’s a mountain of options and tools, and best of all, you can sign into each of your bookie account through the program and just bet from Dynamic Opportunities together with the click of a button. Click that cost you want, enter your bet, and you’re on. It is quick and dead-simple to use and ensures that you always find the best price of each the bookies.
If you aren’t using Dynamic Odds you are costing a fortune in additional profits. It disturbs us that there are still members reporting they are still not utilising this instrument. A small punter working full-time will improve their profits substantially using Dynamic Odds. You may check and compare prices with all your personal bookies quickly on your own notebook or mobile phone, and even place bets through your mobile with your entire bookies using the dynamic odds mobile edition. This is much faster and more effective than betting through every bookie program or site individually. Do not forget our link provides you with a 4-week free trial, so if you have not tried it yet, get onto it today. The premium version only costs $35 a month. For the extra money you will make by having the ability to easily take better prices, that is a complete bargain. Trust us, it’s well worth every cent.
2) Have many bookmaker accounts
The fundamental rule with bookmakers is simply to gain access to as many as possible, as it provides you a better chance of always having the ability to wager the very best cost. Take your betting bank and spread it around as many bookmaker accounts as possible. It’s much better to own your own bankroll evenly split across 10bookmaker accounts than all sitting in one.
There is a lot of alternatives out there when it comes to bookies. Our suggestions, as a way of importance/benefit are as follows:
Betfair, Bet365, Vicbet, TopSport, Sportsbet, Sportsbetting, NSW Tab, VIC Tab, Ubet, BlueBet,Ladbrokes, Neds, BetEasy, TopBetta, David Dwyer, Betstar, Bookmaker, Tabtouch, Best Bookies, Unibet, Palmerbet & Classicbet.
3) Bookies with a buffer
If you haven’t got an account with Bet365, then make certain you get one immediately. Bet365 routinely offer you the best early deals on racing, and moreover offer an SP warranty. Bet365 pay out best of fixed price or SP, whichever is greater. It may be worth at times taking a lower fixed cost to guarantee the potential benefit of’ramble protection’. Whilst that is often a fantastic option, best tote or Betfair SP will usually outperform SP on almost any drifter. Taking early costs with Bet365 will give you the opportunity to transcend official outcomes, with the SP buffer available when the horse does drift. Bet365 are well known for banning winning punters, but together with NSW and Vic currently having minimum bet laws set up, Bet365 is right back in the film for everyone. Use them where their cost is over or near your 3rd best fixed price in the e-mail since there is an SP buffer (provided that you are not restricted from this product).
Betfair routinely offer the best possibilities available on the market for horse racing, especially during the last 15 minutes of gambling.
Usually Betfair gets you the best odds on horses drifting in the market, and on horses at big (double figure) costs. It’s a must have.
We can write an essay on the prices on Betfair on a few of our winners, but a couple of examples from Dean’s Tips are under. As you can see, at all spectrums of the market you can get Fantastic deals on Betfair even only at Betfair SP:
??? Emmadee: Official $101, $260 Betfair SP (earned out to $560 on Betfair in betting)
??? Balrov: Official $23, $60 Betfair SP (earned out to $120 on Betfair in gambling )
??? Time And Truth: Official $23, $80 Betfair SP (got out to $140 on Betfair in betting)
??? Fish Bones Fry: Official $34, $60 Betfair SP (earned out to $90 on Betfair in betting)
??? Shazee Lee: Official $56, $100 Betfair SP (got out to $110 on Betfair in betting)
BOB stands for Best of the Best. This is a great product that gives you the best of 3 bags or Top Fluctuation (notice Top Fluctuation is calculated from 25 minutes prior to race start time – not from the opening cost ).
Vicbet provide BOB for all races around Australia, seven days each week. TopSport provide it for Saturday Metro meetings, as do Ladbrokes/Bookmaker/Betstar. David Dwyer provides it for many Sydney metro meetings such as midweek. BOB is usually better for horses single figure odds, also BFSP (Betfair SP) better for horses at double figure odds.
6) Added late gambling stake on big drifters
One chance to consider is increasing your stake on a stunning drifter.
The Kelly Criterion (widely regarded as the best formula to use to ascertain the best size of a bet), suggests it to increase long-term profits and make a larger advantage, the more you need to bet. So, for instance if you speed a horse a 3 opportunity and can get $7 at the market, you should bet MORE than in case you could obtain $5 at the market.
This theorem is the reason why we advocate having another wager at our runners in the event the purchase price drifts to around 50% or more above the suggested price.
Some reasons that horses drift dramatically on Betfair comprise;
??? Wide gate ??? High weight
??? Poor run last start or poor recent form
??? Low-rated trainer or jockey
??? First-up rather than favoured
??? A sexy, heavily-backed favorite in the race
These motives have been assessed and considered by our specialist professional analysts – drifters should not concern you in several cases.
If you lock at an early price after which the horse drifts significantly (close to 50% or more), then it’s certainly worth backing again on Betfair to receive your ordinary price up, to exceed official results. There have been plenty of significant drifters which have won at odds much greater than official rates. It’s simply about accepting extra advantage when one drifts.
7) Get on track It’s becoming reported that top prices on track in the racecourses are above those reported during the Official Costs (which need an absurd 6 bookmakers to all have the cost for its fluctuation to be contained ). Going to the monitor to bet can get you better prices than available on the web.
8) Additional bookies not considered in opening fixed Rates Many bookies like Unibet, Palmerbet, Betting.Club, Betstar, Bookmaker, Neds, Classicbet, Pointsbet & Madbookie are all not contained when saying the 3rd best fixed cost. You can often get bigger fixed odds using these bookies.
9) Bookies not on Dynamic Odds
A very large proportion of members bet using Dynamic Odds, and choose the best available deals from this assortment of bookies. As a result, there are several bookies whose costs aren’t shown on Dynamic Odds. They are also not considered in official outcomes or betting information.
But many members do gamble with these bookies, and frequently find they get greater costs than principal bookies. The other bonus is that as these bookies are lesser known & not on Dynamic Odds, their rates are usually available a lot longer. Should you happen to miss an early cost, it might be well worth looking at those bookies to see whether the price may have held, as they often do hold considerably longer compared to the bookies on Dynamic Odds.
Alternatives include: Betting.Club, Palmerbet, Madbookie & Pointsbet.
10) Horses drifting to better prices than quoted before alert sent
This actually happens fairly frequently. By the time the alarm is sent, often a horse has drifted outside to prices greater than said, but nevertheless that stated price is recorded. By way of example, there was one occasion where a horse had been informed at $3.20 when the e-mail had been shipped, but was $4.40 about a minute later.The $3.20 price was recorded for that winner.
11) Bookies offering better deals than quoted after alert sent
There are in reality occasions where bets are shipped, but there’s still 1 or two bookies who haven’t set up prices yet. Though early prices are crunched, frequently these bookies will post their analyst’s first prices. There was an event where we supported a horse out of $21 to $11, and then 1 or 2 two bookies opened 15 minutes after at $21. Those prices frequently sit for a while since most members have already placed their stakes.
12) Monitoring and betting late when market percentages are lower and much more in your favor When we suggest taking a price with Greatest Tote/SP, Top Fluc, Betfair SP or BOB, which indicates we think the horse will probably drift from its current fixed price in betting.
Bets for most horse racing solutions are sent normally between 9am and 11am, but the marketplace percentages are larger at nowadays. Whilst we frequently get outstanding prices on horses that have been mispriced and firm, on most occasions natural gambling movements mean the prices drift out towards beginning time since the bookies start to compete and the marketplace proportions decrease.
This means often a horse drifts out, but gets backed again very late by big players. So, even though the starting price could be close to or lower compared to early price, the horse continues to be considerably larger odds during betting.
Below are three examples which spring to mind, but these Kinds of market moves are trivial:
??? Delagos: totaled $11, drifted out to $31 with corporatebookies and $30 Betfair only before the beginning, but only paid $15 SP
??? Maccy Fields: Opened $8.50, drifted out to $14 Betfair, reunite into $8.50 SP
??? Zerprise Journey: Opened $4.20, drifted out to $6.60 in gambling on Betfair, and then firmed back into $4.10 Best Tote/SP
13) Not gambling if a horse is becoming over bet Often a horse gets’over wager’ and endorsed down to a silly, shortprice, especially at the shorter end of the market. You can choose to not wager when the value isn’t there, or so the horse is beneath the rated/minimum price advised – that will save you units in the very long run and avoids taking’unders’. You could even set a minimum price on Betfair SP so that you never take beneath the minimum price you put / we recommend.
14) Putting back a runner Betfair if the horse has become’overbet’
Some smart members lay back runners that firm dramatically. This enables them to effectively have a’free bet’ on a runner, or also guarantee a profit no matter whether or not a horse wins or not. This grants some members the chance to substantially reduce variance and wager moderately risk free, especially when backing runners expected to firm dramatically when informed by the expert. Greyhound Genius & John’s Analytics are two services at which this can be very successful as all stakes are advised to be endorsed at fixed odds when the email is sent, and the huge majority of bets firm in the marketplace.
15) Metro/City v Country/Provincial
Prices on runners for Metro/City races are substantially lessinfluenced when bets are published than Country/Provincial races at which they may be impacted. For Metro/City races (the major raceday in each state typically on a Saturday and Wednesday), three good choices are either betting through Bet365 if you’ve got the SP warranty, using a Best of the ideal product (highest of Greatest Tote and Best Fluc) provided by manydifferent bookies including Vicbet, or Betfair is the buddy on Metro races also with amazing prices and liquidity available throughout betting, even if only using the Betfair SP instrument.
Note the standard paths for Metro/City racing are:
??? NSW: Randwick, Rosehill, Warwick Farm and Canterbury
??? VIC: Flemington, Caulfield, Moonee Valley, Sandown Hillside and Sandown Lakeside
??? QLD: Eagle Farm and Doomben
??? SA: Morphettville and Morphettville Parks
??? WA: Ascot and Belmont
For Provincial & Country racing, choosing a number of the better fixed costs available at the time stakes are sent is a good strategy, however if you can monitor costs even just on some days such as weekends, you’ll discover through a combination of corporate bookies, Betfair and totes you will receive excellent prices above those recorded.
16) Consider the advised unit stakes The advised unit stakes are an superb guide on if to bet late or early on choices. According to your experience with an agency, or evaluation of the previous benefits, you can ascertain the typical amount. For many services that the’standard’ amount the expert intends to collect on a win wager isaround 5 components. If that’s true and the ceremony backs a horse to get 1 unit to win, and the horse is odds of $5, that’s about regular as a good bet. If the horse is odds of $10, then we stand to collect 10u if the horse wins, then that is a high assurance bet. This horse will often firm in betting. If the horse is chances of $2 we stand to accumulate 2u, therefore this is reduced confidence, or possibly only a’saver’ bet. This horse will often drift in betting. So utilizing the amount to be collected, with 5u (or the average collect) as the’barometer’, may be a reasonable indication of whether a horse will either company or float, especially in the extreme ends of this spectrum. This could help you decide whether to back the horse ancient at a fixed cost, or choose a late betting option like BFSP/BOB/BTSPif not able to track. An illustration was a horse named Flash Boy in Bendigo. Advised 0.5w however available market price was just $5. Given that’s only a 2.5un win accumulate, locking in a historical fixed price was not the thing to do. Those who endorsed it with Bet365 got $9 SP, BTSP paid $10.90, BFSP $13, and last matched Betfair price was $14.50. One question that’s asked is when if a bet not be placed if the value has gone? In general terms, advised bets must be placed, however, the best way to describe is with extreme cases. Firstly, let’s say weadvise 1u to win a horse at $31 to get a 31u amass. In the event you back it should you miss early prices and it companies to $10? The answer is yes, because the 1u investment nevertheless stands to accumulate 10u and that is still a major collect and a significant profit. The important firming suggests simply how wrong the first market price has been, however, just how much you stand to accumulate suggests the horse remains a value bet. If I counsel 0.1u on a horse at $31, and it companies to $10 before you’ve bet, well then you only stand to collect 1u in case it wins financing it at $10, well below what you would ordinarily expect to accumulate on a winner with all the service, so you could give this horse a miss as long term there’s very little worth to be had taking unders on these runners. An example is when a service advises 1u to win in a horse at $5, and it firms to $2 before you’ve placed you bet. Again the initial amass was 5u, but now with a 1u investment on a 2u accumulate, this no longer could be a rewarding investment. It’s an art, not a science, and ultimately your choice, however, the above will help lead you towards when to bet late or early (or maybe not at all in rarer instances).
17) One suggestion in a race v multiple bets in a race
When there’s 1 wager in a race, then there’s more likelihood of this runner firming (especially if the anticipated win bet accumulate is anything over 4u). When there are 2 stakes in a race, it is often the case that you companies and you drifts. However whenever there are a number of bets at a race (3 or more), it’s quite rare they will all firm. Generally maybe 1 companies and the remainder drift, or they will float. The sole exception is if we sharply reunite 3 runners at large odds to conquer a short priced favourite. If the short favourite drifts, the others could company, but it might go another way. Again, the aggressiveness of this staking will steer you on whether to bet early or late. However the more horses supported, the further that locking in adjusted premature costs without an SP buffer ought to be avoided unless the amass is well above 5u. When there are numerous runners in a race it is often a good opportunity to monitor or utilize BOB/BFSP/BTSP.
18) Do not worry about always getting the best possible price each time
It isn’t possible, or required. All of our solutions are highly lucrative, with results readily attained by following the advice included here. Constant improvement in your betting practices will mean constant progress on your long-term results, and that’s the trick to long term success with your gambling. Take a few minutes outside daily (or just once every now & then) to review the flucs & closure prices available of runners we back with dynamic odds & you’ll shortly open your eyes to the potential opportunities.
19) Change your mindset: Do not suffer from FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out)
As a general rule, many punters suffer with FOMO. They take a predetermined cost on most occasions. The marketplace has changed dramatically and marketplace percentages in ancient markets have continued to change upwards to often 130%-135%, which is very significant. Taking early fixed costs can be problematic also if you can find scratchings, where significant deductions can be implemented, further decreasing your final dividend. A mindset change for many is vital. Realising that the Betfair market near race start time gets down to around 102%, and also waiting and attempting to monitor prices and wager late will lead to better overall results for those willing to spend the time.
20) Do not be idle, and stop making excuses
Whilst we understand many members have jobs, the reality is that a massive proportion of bets are sent on weekends, or outside ordinary working hours. For all members, there will be periods in which they aren’t functioning, and it’s at those times where members must look to greatly exceed official outcomes by tracking and putting bets late instead of blindly betting using Fixed or Best Tote/BOB/BFSP type choices. Like most things in life, the more effort you put in, the better your result will be. Also like most items, the longer you practice something, the better you become. In this day & age with smart phones, bookmaker apps & Dynamic Odds, etc, comparing costs and placing bets at the best odds has never been more simple & accessible. Invest sensibly, do not be lazy, place a little effort in, and do not lose out on the even larger profits you could easily be attaining.